Monday, October 4, 2010

Classic White Bread



On our first cold day this Fall I had the urge to have soup and warm homemade bread. I tried a few recipes last year that I liked. I still would prefer a nice honey wheat bread. This white bread recipe seemed more fluffy and rose very well, hitting the glass of my bread machine :) I will experiment with a few more as the cold months roll around but for now this is my classic white bread go to recipe. Goes along great with any yummy soup or cinnamon butter.


Ingredients

* 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 3 cups bread flour
* 1 teaspoon salt

Directions


1. Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.