Thursday, August 19, 2010
Mushrooom Pork Chops
* 4 pork chops
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
2. In a large skillet, brown the chops over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, and saute for one minute. Pour cream of mushroom soup over chops. Cover skillet, and reduce temperature to medium-low. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
*** I sauteed the onions and mushrooms with two garlic cloves minced and a little white wine. Then I browned the pork chops and threw everything into the crock pot for 4 hrs. I added 1/2 C. White wine and 1/2 C of milk into the crock pot also. Great served over potatoes.***